New Member Frequently Asked Questions . . .
1. How long does it take for an application to be approved?
This can take several weeks, depending on the Membership Chair’s travel schedule. If you have not heard back after 10 weeks, feel free to contact the Membership Chair at email@example.com.
2. Where are your meetings held?
3. What kind of speakers or programs do you have at your meetings?
4. Can I attend a meeting before I decide to apply for membership?
5. What kind of networking opportunities will membership in BATW give me?
6. Will my bio be added to your website if I am approved for membership?
7. Is the BATW directory sent to editors and publishers?
8. Does BATW actively market members' work to editors and publishers?
9. Does BATW have press trips?
10. Why do I have to submit clips with my application?
11. I've been a writer for a number of years but I've never written any travel articles. Do I qualify for membership?
12. What is the difference between a Provisional member and a General Active member? Are the benefits the same?
13. How will being a Provisional member help me become a travel writer?
14. Do you provide one-on-one mentoring or do you have travel writing classes?
15. I have a membership question which is not answered here. Where can I e-mail my question?
Ready to join? Just click the big ol' blue button!